“Who Gets the Kids?”
The question that tugs on the heartstrings of every party involved in a child custody case is “Who gets the kids?” This matter can be handled tactfully, assertively, and aggressively with a respected and experienced Raleigh Child Custody lawyer. Attorney Nick Saparilas understands that this is almost certainly the most difficult time of your life. Custody and visitation are the legal terms in court ordered determinations of which parent the child lives with and the conditions for the child to visit the other parent. In North Carolina the law does not favor either the mother or father for custody; rather, the court looks to the best interest of the child. Child custody and visitation orders are never considered to be final, and can always be modified if a significant “change of circumstance” can be proven.
Raleigh Child Custody lawyer, Nick Saparilas, can assist you with your child custody and visitation case, which is always unique to each family’s circumstances. Several things are taken into consideration, evaluated, and, ultimately, must be answered in each child custody case. Some examples are:
- Who has legal custody?
- Which church or school will your child attend?
- Which holidays does the child spend with you?
- What time and where may the other parent pick the child up?
- What time should the child be returned home?
- What is the procedure to follow if either of you are running late and cannot be there on time?
- How much notice should you be given if the other parent is planning a vacation, or how do you plan a vacation around their custodial time?
- How far away may the other parent move from Raleigh or any city?
Child Custody Representation
It is obvious that there are many potential issues that can arise when considering the best interest of your child. Child custody is a complex matter that is often wrought with emotion. Attorney Nick Saparilas is an experienced and tactful Raleigh child custody lawyer with the professionalism that it demands. Allow us to help ease your fears and begin to get your life back on track so you can enjoy your life with your children. Complete the online contact form below or call (919) 832-2280 to schedule a free consultation today.